- Shares of payment services company, Square, jumped on news that its Cash App will now allow some of its users to trade bitcoin on its platform.
- Square’s stock rose 3.08% at $46.92 per share on Wednesday.
- The company’s CEO Jack Dorsey made the announcement on Twitter, saying the move was made in a bid to move toward “greater financial access for all.”
- Bitcoin trading does not extend to users located in New York, Georgia, Wyoming or Hawaii.
- Square allows its users to buy up to $10,000 worth of Bitcoin per week.
- The company said it does not charge a fee for Bitcoin transactions.
- The price it sells Bitcoin for is based on the average price across other major exchanges.
- View Square’s stock move in real-time here.
from Business Insider http://ift.tt/2Fy0lmE