Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider’s summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell as much as 306 points Wednesday, bogged down by concerns of possible Chinese retaliation against President Donald Trump’s metals tariffs, disappointing retail sales, and another downward revision to the Atlanta Fed’s first-quarter GDP forecast.
Here’s the latest:
- One of Wall Street’s most followed forecasts for the US economy is looking worse and worse
- Everything is going exactly right for one group of stocks poised to smash record highs
- CNBC commentator Larry Kudlow will replace Gary Cohn as Trump’s top economic adviser
- Trump’s trade war is heating up — here are 11 stocks UBS says to avoid
- Trump’s tariffs are creating a big new headache for companies that help move America’s oil
- You can track the Dow in real-time on Markets Insider here
A former Equifax executive has been charged with insider trading for selling shares before the company’s massive data breach was announced. And Theranos and its founder Elizabeth Holmes have been charged with fraud by the SEC.
In crypto news:
- “‘You’d have to be nuts to run an ICO”: The age of the ICO is coming to an end, giving way to a new trend in crypto
- RBC: Nvidia’s crypto boost is facing a ‘notable slowdown’ — but its stock could still surge
- Ethereum nears its lowest level of 2018
Lastly, Stephen Hawking’s final Reddit post was an ominous warning about the future of humanity and capitalism.
from Business Insider http://ift.tt/2DqJBfT